Family & Friends
Lewis and Clark spent the
winter of 1805-06 in Fort Clatsop, named for the local Indians. It is
just south of Astoria, Oregon.
This is a facsimile of the
cover of Lewis and Clark's Journal. It shows the outline of Fort
Clatsop and was used the build replica buildings in the 1960s.
A group leaves one of the
replica log buildings at Fort Clatsop.
Lewis and Clark carried guns
just like the one demonstrated here.
Return To Home